The Department of Ecology, Environment and Plant Sciences aims at recruiting
Closing date: April 30, 2016
The Department of Ecology, Environment and Plant Sciences (DEEP) at Stockholm University conducts research and education in an international environment. Its subject areas are marine ecology, marine ecotoxicology, plant ecology, plant physiology and plant systematics. The research is both basic and applied, often with a broad and interdisciplinary approach. About 150 people work at the department, including some 30 teachers or senior researchers, 10 postdocs and 60 PhD students.
We are now recruiting:
3 Postdoctoral Fellows in Baltic Sea Research, for example including any of the following topics:
- Benthic – pelagic coupling
- Mitigation of marine anthropogenic effects
- Climate change effects on the Baltic Sea ecosystem
- Baltic Sea biodiversity
- Coastal-offshore interactions
2 Postdoctoral Fellows in Plant Sciences, for example including any of the following topics:
- Plant evolution
- Interactions between plants and other organisms
- Climate change effects on plant phenology and distribution
- Plant growth and development
Each position will be linked to the research group of one of the professors, associate professors or assistant professors at the department (www.su.se/deep). You should therefore first contact the group leader whose group you wish to join (a) to enquire whether this person would be interested to include you in his/her research group and (b) to discuss and formulate your project proposal.
Your project proposal could be a new idea of your own or it could be part of ongoing work in the group. The important aspect is that the group leader supports your application, which ensures that the infrastructure and knowledge to support your project is available.
Postdoctoral positions are appointed primarily for purposes of research. Applicants are expected to hold a Swedish doctoral degree or an equivalent degree from another country.
Your highest degree should have been completed no more than three years before the deadline for applications. An older degree may be acceptable under special circumstances, which may involve sick leave, parental leave, clinical attachment, elected positions in trade unions, military service, or similar.
The assessment criteria are your scientific proficiency and the scientific potential of the project. Scientific proficiency is based on the CV, and interviews for those selected for the short list.
Terms of employment
A postdoctoral position is full-time employment for a maximum of two years. Starting date is negotiable. Stockholm University strives to be a workplace free from discrimination and with equal opportunities for all.
Further information about the positions can be obtained from the Head of the Department, Professor Ove Eriksson, telephone: +46 8 16 12 04, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anqi Lindblom-Ahlm (Saco-S) and Lisbeth Häggberg (Fackförbundet ST), telephone:
+46 8 16 20 00 (operator), and Gunnar Stenberg (SEKO), telephone: +46 70 316 43 41.
Apply for the position at Stockholm University’s web-based recruitment system (see below). It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the job advertisement, and that it is submitted before the deadline.
Please include the following information with your application
- Your contact details and personal data
- Your highest academic degree
- Your language skills
- Contact details for 2–3 references
and, in addition, please include the following documents
- Cover letter
- CV – degrees and other completed courses, work experience and a list of publications
- Research proposal (no more than 3 pages) describing:
– why you are interested in the field/project described in the advertisement
– why and how you wish to complete the project
– what makes you suitable for the project in question
- Support letter from the proposed host (group leader)
- Copy of PhD diploma
- Letters of recommendation (no more than 3 files)
- Publications in support of your application (no more than 3 files).
The advertisement and instructions for applicants are available at: http://www.su.se/english/about/vacancies/vacancies-new-list?rmpage=job&rmjob=1128&rmlang=UK